Tuesday 18 March 2008

Success!


Today I went on an adventure to Plaza Vea. Think Wal Mart, but a mall, and SUPERSIZED. My primary goal was to procure a ventilador, aka fan. The house I live in is adorable and spacious, but without air conditioning, the Lima humidity is a force to be reckoned with. Success! I once read in an Isabel Allende novel that wherever you go, make yourself a home, because nothing breaks down the spirit like living everyday. I am learning about finding elation in the little things, and everyday making Lima more my home.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Haha. That was me, my second week in Villa Montes. I never realized how much I take air conditioning for granted. But this weekend I´m off to the big city, which includes a nice long afternoon in the movie theater, chilling out, watching American flicks, and eating ice-cream.